Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cartagena Columbia

SO many people are so curious why I chose to go there…well…sounded different and close to NY!
And so many people want to know my impressions…so here it goes:

City: one million and more: divided into 2 cities..old one similar to Havana + a big old wall surrounding the city ( 1500) and a new city: similar to panama city or Miami beach..
Old city super safe..cameras on every corner ( just like in the book 1984 Orwell). But you cannot get out…too dangerous they say. We adventured once but also not worthy. Rest of the country looks beautiful ..big country
So rating:
10 top and 1 worst
City beautiful : 10
City interest: 5
City sophistication including restos: 10
Hotel santa clara ( old convent< sofitel) 10
Architecture10
People 10
Food 8

Mostly one of my friend journalist told me to go there if I could get a good price at Santa clara hotel. well I got a good price and she was right. Worth it for the hotel!
Weather was so humid it was too hot for me to go to the pool. It reminded me of Indian during the monsoon.
However I found out that the actor Javier Bardem slept in the beautiful room ( duplex of mother superior) and in my bed the week before. That was a trill!
Incredible sunsets…incredible pink clouds on the Caribbean sea.
Adorable squares.
Good for 3 days but not for 7.
And since I loved our room with air condition we spend a lot of time reading in the room.
This is really a destination for people who have been everywhere! We met a few people…not many Americans, some French, some Italians many Columbian..very rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment